Membership Eligibility and Benefits
A person is eligible for membership of the Association if they are employed and active in a health, safety, environment or related field:
- In the Australasian tertiary education sector: or
- Australasian research institutes; or
- Other Australasian allied industries where a genuine University connection can be established; or
- In a non-Australasian tertiary education sector;
- And provided their membership, in the opinion of the committee, does not compromise the objectives of the Association.
At AUSA, we recognize the unique challenges faced by universities, research institutes, and associated institutions when it comes to navigating hazards, managing risks, and complying with evolving regulatory environments. Together, we strive to enhance our practices through evidence-based research, operational experience, and meaningful discussions. By doing so, we aim to proactively prevent injuries and illnesses while fostering wellbeing among all individuals associated with our employing institutions.
As a member of AUSA, you gain entry to a dynamic community of committed safety professionals driven by a shared passion to make a difference. We urge you to participate actively and leverage the diverse resources and opportunities at your disposal. Let's spotlight key areas where you can engage and maximize your AUSA Membership Benefits:
- Join the State/Territory Branch. This regional chapter offers valuable networking opportunities, local events, and focused discussions tailored to your state/territory.
- Explore Special Interest Groups (SIGs). Our SIGs delve into specific safety topics, providing a platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration. You can join SIGs aligned with your interests to engage with like-minded professionals.
- Stay updated with our Events. AUSA organizes a wide range of events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, and training sessions. Our events provide opportunities to enhance your skills, learn from industry experts, and connect with peers from across the sector.
- Join our dynamic AUSA Google Group discussions —a hub for safety and wellbeing discussions among health and safety professionals in universities and allied industries. Accessible to all AUSA active members, this platform is an excellent opportunity to share insights and stay updated on relevant topics. Follow group emails and contribute to the wider discussion at email@example.com.
In addition, we encourage you to follow us on our social media platforms to stay informed and engaged:
These platforms will keep you updated on the latest news, industry insights, and initiatives undertaken by AUSA and its members.