VICTORIA / TASMANIA
Welcome to the Victorian and Tasmania branch of the Australasian Universities Safety Association.
Brendan Henderson, Deakin Unversity
Education: MSci- Sports Sci, MAppSci - Ergonomics, Safety and Health
With over 10 years experience in practically applying OHS principles as a means to foster organisational improvement, maturity, capability, alongside cutting out the red tape and BS layers that can hinder working being done safely.
I am a change enabler by adapting as required to deliver outcomes within the ever-evolving tertiary education and Health and Safety sector. I have consulted, advised and driven outcomes as a Health and Safety subject matter expert to many! I invest time with fellow colleagues to build rapport and drive collegial outputs to aid the Health, Safety and Quality domains. I love bringing people to the table to map out a plan and deliver a tangible outcome, no matter how big or small the situation. I'm not afraid to navigate the complexity through the application of critical thinking, data analysis, evaluation, and planning. And I can translate the technical and strategic domains of work operationally into understandable and effective without layers of clutter, or the creation of safety work for the sake of it.
As a proven contemporary, strategic, and innovative Health and Safety Programs Manager within Deakin University and the tertiary sector, I am keen to build a rapport that empowers our members come to the table with an open mind, where sharing problems, ideas and solutions is encouraged. I’m hopeful that with me serving as your Vic/Tas chair, we can also a focus on cross-organisational collaboration where roadblocks exist and successes can be obtained, all of which is of benefit to those within the AUSA community.
Leah Handford, Federation University
Attending in person - Deakin Downtown (727 Collins Street, Docklands Victoria 3008)
Melbourne attendees - join us for lunch and networking from 12:45
Arriving at Collins Square
To make your way to Deakin Downtown, located in Tower 2:
1. Enter Collins Square via the Collins Street entrance underneath the yellow geometric sculpture
2. Make your way across the lobby floor towards the escalators on the right-hand side
3. Ascend the escalators and turn left, following signage to the elevators
4. Select Level 12 on the touch screen and wait to be allocated an elevator letter and then make your way to the corresponding elevator door
5. Upon arrival to level 12, turn right and proceed through the glass sliding doors where you will find our reception desk.